Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A WWII Holocaust Unit Study
Part 7: Pages 237-268
1. Describe the heat they feel in the secret annex.
2. Who is getting too familiar with Mrs. Van Daan?
3. What is the significance of June 6, 1944?
4. How does D-day make them feel?
5. What traits of Peter disappoint Anne?
6. Does Anne feel like she knows her father on a personal basis?
7. In your opinion, how does Anne change during her time in hiding?
8. Describe how Anne and the others must have felt at being found by the secret police.
1. Write a new ending to the book in which Anne survives. Describe post-war life? Who else, if anyone, survives? Where do they go? What do they do?
2. Make a timeline of Anne's movements during the book. Here is a site that may be helpful:
3. Explore Whitsun holiday. What does it mean? How is it celebrated? Is it still celebrated today? If so, where?
4. Anne has several sayings, especially in this section. Here are two of them:
~Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.
~A quiet conscience makes one strong.
Come up with some sayings of your own that would apply to the situation Anne and the others live in.
5. Anne mentions two medicines that relate to nature, which she is so fond of. Investigate valerian and bromine. How are they used? Where do they come from in nature? How do they help people? Are they still used today?
Go to Part 8 - Afterword