Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A WWII Holocaust Unit Study
Part 6: Pages 199-237
1. What subjects does Anne dislike?
2. Anne says they were protected by God. How so?
3. How do the characters react to not being found by the secret police?
4. What two characteristics does Anne say she must require of herself?
5. Mr. Van Daan grows pale without his fags. What are fags?
6. What does Anne say helps her keep her head above water?
7. Why does Anne say April 15, 1944 is a date not to be forgotten?
8. Does it surprise you that Anne says she might do some Algebra? Why does she say this?
1. Pretend you are Mummy, Margot, Peter or Mrs. Van Daan. Write two diary entries from their point of view. How do they feel about Anne? How do they feel about being hidden away, lack of food and clothes, not being able to go outside...
2. Find out about Nazi concentration camps. Which camp is closest to the Franks in Holland? Which is the farthest? How many camps are there? How many people are at each camp? Are there people other than Jews at the camps?
Virtual tour of Auschwitz concentration camp:
Go to Part 7 - Pages 237-268