Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A WWII Holocaust Unit Study
Part 5: Pages 166-198
1. What is a characteristic about Peter that attracts Anne?
2. What does Anne say she does and doesn't want from a people?
3. What is gone to never return?
4. When Anne realizes Pim cannot be her confident over everything, what does she say?
5. How does Anne say to deal with misery or unhappiness and how does Mummy say to deal with it?
6. What war rages inside Anne?
7. What are the little children of Holland now doing?
8. Anne says on page 197 she wants to go on living even after her death. Do you think that has happened? Why or why not?
1. Pretend you are Anne. Write several diary entries for Anne this week.
2. Imagine you are also hiding in the secret annex. Write two diary entries as yourself. How do you feel? What condition are you in? How are your clothes? Are you hungry? Are you frightened every moment or are you learning to deal with your fear? Do you dream about going outside in the sun?
3. Anne speaks of the food they eat in every section. Make a list of the different foods. Which are foods you have never tasted? Find a recipe using those foods and make it.
Go to Part 6 - Pages 199-237