Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A WWII Holocaust Unit Study
Part 4: Pages 136-165
1. Anne says Margot has become quite sweet these days and isn't as catty. Why do you think this is so?
2. Whom does Anne think Peter belongs to and why?
3. Why do you think Anne's feelings about the Van Daan's changes?
4. Why is Anne noisy and boisterous?
5. Who have grown into one?
6. Who is Oma?
7. What do you think Peter thinks of Anne? Is he in love with her? Is she just a friend? Explain.
1. Draw a picture of Anne and others who are hiding in the secret annex. Write a caption below each one of what they might be saying.
2. Anne says on page 163 that the mothers don't understand the kids (Margot, Anne and Peter). Then she says, "Perhaps Mrs. Van Daan does a little more than Mummy." Do you ever think someone else's mother understands you better than your mother? Explain.
3. Act out one scene from this section.
4. Visit the Anne Frank Secret Annex Online and explore her hiding place in 3-D!
Go to Part 5 - Pages 166-198