Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
A WWII Holocaust Unit Study
Part 2: Pages 40-81
1. How does Anne feel about her mother?
2. What discovery does Anne make about her father in relationship to her?
3. Who is the first to allow Mr. Dussel to work on their teeth?
4. What does Anne secretly want to do to Mr. Dussel?
5. Anne says she hasn't mentioned their rows in a good while. What does she mean by "rows?"
6. Who are the soup eaters?
7. The members in the secret annexe tend to get on each other's nerves. Why?
8. What happens to Peter in the attic?
9. How does Mummy feel when Anne says she doesn't want her to say prayers with her?
10. Page 79 details some of the hardships everyone is facing. List them.
1. Learn about rationing. Ask a grandparent or great-grandparent to tell you about a time they might have lived through rationing.
2. Learn about Chanuka (also spelled Hanukah). What is the meaning of it and how is it celebrated? If you have a Jewish friend or neighbor, ask them to share. Visit a Jewish Synagogue and inquire about Chanuka.
3. Pretend it is Christmas and you are one of the people in the secret annex. What will you give as gifts? You have no money and limited supplies. Tell what you will give and why.
Go to Part 3 - Pages 82-135